Sunday, October 19, 2014

A Tribute to Marty


March 8, 2014
Marty has crossed over the rainbow bridge. This past weekend Marty was getting progressively worse. He was having some difficulty fighting an infection because of his reduced immune system due to the Prednisone treatments. In addition, he was having labor breathing and had stopped eating on Sunday afternoon. Steve and I felt that there was no point in prolonging his pain any longer and we took him into the doctor Monday evening. The doctor confirmed that Marty’s body was starting to shut down. He had fluid in his lungs which could be the cause of the labored breathing. The doctor agreed that it was the right time to let him go.

Marty is now with his brother Mickey who passed away last Summer.

Both of these boys will be missed for a very long time.

As you might imagine, I am in no way up for recording this week. Which is why I am posting this short tribute to Marty instead. I hope you enjoy a look back over Marty’s life. He was very much loved and he took a piece of my heart with him when he left this world.

This weekend, I will upload the tutorials that will be posted while I am away at Knit-topia. If possible I will try to upload short clips or photos from Knit-topia and I will probably have a Knit-topia recap on my next recording date of March 27. Which means the next regular episode won’t be until some time in April, and I am sure to have loads of stuff to share with you by then.


12 comments:

  1. Tina, I have been thinking about all of you. I know that nothing can filled the hole Marty left behind. He always seemed so regal, suave and proud of his fancy haircut. He knew he looked good! Thank you for posting the beautiful tribute to him. Hugs to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. janepage@sbcglobal.netMarch 8, 2014 at 3:21 AM

    Dear Tina, I am so sorry for your loss of your sweet kitty Marty. I hope in time your memories of him will bring you comfort. My thoughts are with you and your family. Jane Page

    Sent from my iPhone

    >

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you lost your loving Marty. I'm sure he took a piece of your heart with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina, I'm so sorry for you and Steve. Take care of yourselves. We will all be waiting for you when you come back. Praying for comfort today for you.
    Suzette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina, I'm so sorry for you and Steve. Take care of yourselves and we will all be waiting for you when you feel up to returning. Praying for comfort for you today.

    Suzette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Tina I am so very sorry. Thank you fro letting us all know. You and Steve are very much in my thought and prayers right now. BIG hug C xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tina that was a beautiful tribute to Marty. I cried as I watched. Please know that all of us are sending big hugs for you and Steve as you both go through this very sad time. love from Joyce :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sorry for your loss Tina. The tribute to sweet Marty is lovely. Sending prayers & comfort to you from Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sad about your loss. That was a beautiful tribute.
    MarieNC

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Tina, Your Marty was a very handsome boy and in some of the pictures his face looked just like my Chapulin, who was taken from us suddenly by illness last April. A beautiful tribute that left me bawling. It's nice he has his brother to hang out with while they wait to be joined at the Bridge. Big hugs to you and your hubby and sending love and good vibes to help your hearts ache a little less. You were an awesome cat mom to the end, helping him be released from the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beauty, and I can see he left this world a better place for having been here and shared his unique spirit and love! May you be comforted!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tina, so sorry for your loss. When I saw this post & had to respond. We lost one of our kitties about 2 weeks ago. This is the first time we had to make that decision. My heart hurts a little still but our Shelby isn't hurting anymore. You & Steve are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete